Prospective teachers of the Giro Vocal-Motion Technique will enter into an apprentice program with the 'International Institute of Voice Development Ltd., Israel for a period of two semesters. The participant will then student teach for the period of another year, unless otherwise agreed upon.
1. The program consists of a maximum of TWO (2) semesters, after which, if the apprentice has mastered the teaching criteria, the apprentice will receive a teaching certificate which will allow him/her to teach Giro Vocal Motion Technique (GVMT). If the criteria was not met, an extra semester may be necessary.
2. The student will, during the time of learning, not teach voice to anyone affiliated with the Academy, to private students or hold classes publicly or privately. Doing so, constitutes a breach of confidence and will result in immediate termination of the apprentice in the program. In that case, all payment to the academy will be forfeited.
3.After successful completion of the program the apprentice is obligated to teach on the staff of the International Institute for a period of 1 year and will receive a percentage of the teaching stipend. Should the apprentice leave the Academy, he/she is required to create her studio under the banner of the Institute. An agreement pertaining to the particular circumstances will be worked out.
4. After the two year period, the apprentice may continue under the banner of the Institute, or may change the name of his/her studio and become a franchise of the Academy. Terms and conditions pertaining to such an agreement will be worked out as needed.
5. Should the apprentice leave the program before the stipulated time period, he/she is responsible for paying the Institute the amount which would be the cost of the training program.
6. The program consists of observing classes with Miriam Jaskierowicz Arman 10 hours a week. These hours may be arranged according the schedules of both parties. The second semester will consist of 5 hours of student teaching per week. Again hours are flexible and can be arranged according to the schedule of both parties.
7. The apprentice is responsible for his/her own notes/recordings etc. One hour a week will be spent with Miriam Jaskierowicz Arman for evaluation and questions. This hour is part of the 10 hour weekly curriculum.
8. During the time of apprenticeship, there shall be no conversation of the technical aspects of the program with anyone not specifically concerned with the program. Failure to adhere to this regulation, will result in immediate termination of the apprenticeship and a percentage of the cost of the program will be charged to the apprentice as a fine – apprenticeship is forfeited.
9. This is a program run with maximum integrity. It it expected, that the apprentice will adhere to all the above mentioned points and treat the program with the utmost seriousness and conscientiousness.
To obtain more information about the apprentice course or to sign up, please contact us via the contact form below.